Heat oil … Cover and cook over a very low heat for 1½-2 hrs, then add the milk and cook for 30 mins. Once the sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh. curry powder gives this shepherd’s pie a fun twist on the old classic! 2 veggie burgers of choice - I LOVE No Bull lentil burgers.. 1/4 C cashew queso - I LOVE Credo Cashew Queso. This is a crazy month for the North East. Paleo Curry Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 2cm pieces. Unlike most Shepherd’s Pie, my recipe has a pie crust. Full of hearty, warming, comforting flavor, this ground venison shepherd's pie is perfect for hunting season. 2. Sauté onions and garlic, then add ground beef and cook until browned. ), comforting dinner. November 2, 2018 By Kasey 2 Comments. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/238720/sweet-potato-shepherds-pie A great other option would be to use lean ground meat. The curry powder makes this shepherd's pie a wonderful warming winter dish. 800g sweet potato . Directions: Roast your sweet potato in the oven, let cool, and mash in a food processor or with a … Curry Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie is loaded with earthy curry flavor, ground turkey, and vegetables for a hearty (but lighter! Serve after resting for 10 minutes. 1 onion. It s still easy don t worry but there are a few more steps involved. Serves 4 people; cottage pie filling: 500 g minced beef. SERIOUSLY, EARNESTLY, THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Dana. Place the Shepherd’s Pie in the oven and broil for 10 minutes or until the edges crisp up. Reply. It's a healthy and DELICIOUS vegan dinner recipe! 4 japanese sweet potatoes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. https://www.canadianliving.com/food/recipe/sweet-potato-shepherd-s-pies When I use sweet potatoes, my preference is the Japanese variety that is less sweet and not quite the distraction that the usual sweet potatoes add. From Good Housekeeping. 1 branch of curry leaves Using a fork (or potato masher) mash the sweet potato flesh until smooth. The time it takes to. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once. Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute onion and 1-2 minced garlic for about 3-5 minutes (until translucent) Add the ground chicken or turkey and cook for 5 minutes before adding the carrots and celery. Push to one side of the pan and add the lamb. More Holiday Recipes https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/2223-curried-shepherds-pie Notes: Use whatever pie crust recipe you want. But for our super healthy and leaner option, this healthy shepherd’s pie recipe is made with lean ground turkey, peas, a variety of spices and then topped with a layer of fluffy mashed sweet potatoes. 5-6 large mushrooms. Curried Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Mash A curried twist on the classic Shepherd's Pie, with sweet potatoes taking the place of mashed white potatoes on top. Place in a saucepan, cover with lightly salted boiling water and boil for 10-15 mins until soft. Cook potatoes in microwave until tender when pierced with a fork; set aside. Spoon the sweet potato mash over top of the lentil mixture in the skillet and spread it in an even layer as close to the edges of the skillet as possible. Preheat the oven to 220°C/ gas mark 7, and boil a kettle. This sweet potato pie is the perfect combination of sweet potato flavor with a smooth texture. Shepherd's Pie is a classic comfort food, but sometimes you might want to add a little bit more flavor to that meat and potatoes pairing. https://www.oneingredientchef.com/sweet-potato-shepherds-pie Curried Shepherds Pie with Sweet Potato Topping Our sweet potatoes did not produce all that much last year, but we are eating them and they are good. Mash until smooth and adjust the seasoning to taste. This delicious casserole recipe is from Good Housekeeping. Cover and set aside. This shepherd's pie recipe by Galton Blackiston is a rendition on the South African bobotie. Ingredients; Method; Ingredients Method Peel and boil sweet potatoes until tender. 2 cloves garlic. Classic Shepherds Pie is traditionally made with lamb. Top with sweet potato mixture and sprinkle over paprika. With our freeze-now, serve-later dishes, you can give your family a comfy meal on even the busiest weeknight. Stir in the oil, non-dairy milk, salt, and garlic powder. oil on medium-high until hot. Method: 1. Our adaptation of Shepherd's Pie delivers a formidable combination of curried-spiked turkey, gingered vegetables, and savory mashed sweet potatoes. One is to eat and one is to freeze for later. Our adaptation of Shepherd's Pie delivers a formidable combination of curried-spiked turkey, gingered vegetables, and savory mashed sweet potatoes. Apr 6, 2017 - Vegan Shepherd's Pie is loaded with veggies, lentils and chickpeas and topped with coconut sweet potatoes. Leave it alone until the underside is browning, then break it down with the back of a spoon. This is made with sweet potatoes and ground turkey and a good hint of curry!Good to make with your leftover Thanksgiving sweet potatoes and turkey. I topped it off with whipped sweet potatoes and spicy curried pecans. Curried Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe: Try this Curried Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe, or contribute your own. Scrub and pierce sweet potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil ¹⁄3 cup all-purpose flour Stir flour and curry powder into turkey in skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring. Curried Shepherd's Pie. For a vegetarian version, omit beef and add 2½ cups thawed, cubed hash browns. Convenience tip: look for prepared, mashed sweet potatoes in the refrigerator aisle at your grocery store. Transfer … A twist on the shepherds pie. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onions until soft and starting to brown, about 8-10 mins. 3 carrots. A delicious twist on a family classic this curried shepherd s pie with sweet potato mash topping is going to be your new favourite midweek meal. Pour beef mixture into a large baking dish and top with mashed sweet potato. Rather than the traditional potato topping familiar in shepherd's pie, this uses a combination of eggs and cream for a lighter, less dense topping for the minced lamb filling. In a large bowl, mash sweet potato flesh with milk and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil until smooth. Top the filling with the sweet potato mash while it is still in the cast iron. Let everything simmer for a few minutes until the liquid is reduced, then stir in frozen veggies. It is 'Just right' as Goldilocks would say. This meal is specially made during St. Patricks but can be enjoyed all year long! Leave to brown for a few mins more, then stir in the ginger, garlic, spices and tomato purée. November 25, 2017 at 1:15 pm. We grew 2 kinds, a fairly standard orange one and a white one called Frazier White. This makes two casseroles that feeds 6 people each or you can cut the recipe in half. Sea salt & black pepper to taste. Discard the skins. Now, just to cook. Transfer mince mixture to a 6-cup capacity baking dish. I’m done! This sweet potato shepherd’s pie recipe was inspired from my classic Shepherd’s Pie. Curried shepherd s pie with sweet potato mash gluten free grain free paleo. Dana @ Minimalist Baker says. Transfer the sweet potatoes to a large bowl and add all the ingredients and mash together. Lentil and Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie Garlic Kale Salad 1 Bowl Pumpkin Cake Deep Dish Apple Pie (going no crust, just bowl with vegan ice cream on top) I’m done! AHHHHHHHHH Sweet Comfort food! Turkey Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie. Add the mince to the veg, then stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 min. Stir in the passata and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tbsp. By Kevin; Sweet Potato and Venison Shepherd's Pie. Stir in tomato paste, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper, and beef broth. I also have a meatless version, Portobello Shepherd’s Pie (vegetarian). I wanted it to look like a Sweet Potato Pie. First we got slammed with a hurricane, and yesterday a Nor’easter. Or, you know, a piece of Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie. I used ground beef seasoned with onions, salt, and curry along with garden fresh green beans and corn. Preparation. A vegetarian take on the classic shepherd's pie comfort food made with lentils, vegetables, spinach and a light handful of curry seasonings topped with a light fluffy golden brown potato and sweet potato mash, all served with a savory portobello mushroom gravy Print this recipe Topping: 3 large potatoes (3 lbs or 1.35 kg) 1 large sweet potato Recipe: 1 big sweet potato. Comfort food with a twist – a zip of curry and a layer of sweet potatoes breathe new life into this classic. Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher. Dissolve the beef stock cube in a jug with 700ml boiling water. Monica Buck Ingredients for top layer of mashed potato: 2 large sweet potatoes; 2 medium yukon potato; 2 Tbsp of butter (or more at your discretion) 1/4 of warm milk; 2 tsp canadian maple syrup; dash of cinnamon; several dashes of paprika (optional: sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top) Directions: Transfer to a bowl, add the butter and cream and season with salt and pepper. Next year we will try to grow more of them. Scatter the sweet potato evenly over the tray and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until softened, but not too brown. Place in still hot oven for 15min to turn sweet potato golden and thicken the meat mixture further, then serve.