Creamy, tangy and packed with flavour, potato salads are easy to make and are so versatile. I know you will like it! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Easy Potato Salad Recipe: cool, creamy and make-ahead-able! A tasty alternative to the typical picnic potato salad. Cheese, green onion, sour cream, and of course, bacon!! Cool and Creamy Potato Salad is my mom’s award-winning recipe! Better if made the day before. I think people make it differently, just like potato salad can be made in 101 Da Kine ways. Yes, you heard that right. Learn how your comment data is processed. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. Delicious recipe of my mom's! Lots of creamy … Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. There's nothing very unusual about serving a chicken or potato salad at a cookout, which is why this layered Peruvian potato and chicken salad will cause such a stir. Let cool slightly. A hot potato salad with bacon, cheese and a creamy/vinegar sauce makes this a wonderful dish to serve with bratwurst on a cold fall day in Deutschland or wherever you might be. Discover our spudtacular range of potato salad recipes, perfect for outdoor picnics or as a satisfying side. It's quick to make; the only chopping is potatoes and … It is requested at every cook-out. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, place potatoes and water. Mix the potato salad dressing in a separate bowl until combined. Now here’s the twist. This salad has been in my family for four generations. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then cook for 20 minutes or until tender. "AWESOME. Prick potatoes with a sharp knife. This delicious Potato Salad recipe has tender potatoes, crisp veggies, and eggs in a tangy and creamy dressing! In a medium sized bowl, combine mayonnaise (1.5 cups), sour cream (2/3 cup), sugar (3 T.), apple cider vinegar (3 T.), yellow mustard (2 tsp), dried minced onion (2 tsp). This potato salad is wonderful served with Bratwurst and Kraut! So while this is certainly a traditional potato salad recipe, that’s a little different spin. It’s one of those recipes that I’ve never been sure whether to write about. Cook your potatoes on the stovetop by boiling in water, or you can make them in your Instant Pot. This is not your usual mustard mayo potato salad. This is a great potato salad if you're looking for one without mayonnaise. This is my own easy and favorite version of ONO (tasty) potato mac. Add whole potatoes to large pot and enough water to cover potatoes completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow … All the flavors you love in potato salad are here, minus a few carbs, plus more fiber! Reduce heat to low, cover and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Really good potato salad that is best served cold. My family and friends love this potato salad! These potatoes are slathered in a rich ranch dressing and bacon pieces. This gives the potatoes a chance to soak up all that goodness. Cut potatoes into bite size pieces. Place the whole potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Copyright 2020 - This Farm Girl Cooks. True to its name, this is a very creamy and rich traditional-flavored potato salad. I'm Deanne Frieders and I’m a wife, mom of four, and farmer in the making. I recommend pouring the dressing over slightly warm potatoes so all the good stuff gets absorbed. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I get nothing but raves every time I make this. Pour over the cooled (or partially cooled) potatoes and stir gently to combine. For Classic American-Style Potato Salad, you can use any size of this variety, but the small new potatoes cook 10 to 15 minutes faster than the larger ones. Possibly the tastiest potato salad ever. Easy Creamy Potato Salad - My dad’s recipe that I’ve been eating (and making) for over 30 years! This easy version of creamy potato salad recipe is a traditional style salad, made with mayonnaise and a little sour cream and the perfect blend of spices! Add a little taco seasoning to spice it up -- or you can add other veggies for texture. So to counter the mayo, we’re using Yukon gold potatoes. A tangy take on LaVerne Kaeppel's original recipe; this one has more dressing and a bit of a kick!