You simply scroll the dial and you’re done.Â. Then it will be 5-pound increments all the way up to 50 for the former and 60 for the latter. Elevate Your Workout Dumbbell Stand with Integrated Bluetooth ® tracking combines with the Bowflex SelectTech® App to track weight, count reps and sets, and provide advanced video coaching to ensure perfect form every time. On the other hand, the more modern ones come with selection options pre-set into the unit. See this article for a full comparison between Bowflex and Ironmaster. You can find it on Groupon for $129.99 to $399.99. People also like the Powerblock Sport product, check out this article comparing Powerblock Sport vs Elite. Some organizations required: Unless you wanna be drowned in stacks of plates, it is advisable to keep them organized. In order to sum up our Powerblock vs Bowflex comparison, I’d say that both products are really good. Longer adjustment time: If you’re used to Bowflex, PowerBlock, or anything like that, the Ironmaster will take some time to get used to. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. The company’s handling of my customer service issue has made me a fan for life.” (16), “Yes, they are expensive but worth it as an apartment dweller… “(17), Bowflex 552 Dumbbells generally have good reviews. Admittedly, there are bound to be other, more affordable brands that can serve us just as well. The handle provides desirable friction for a firm grip. For high-intensity workouts, supersets, or when you want to workout with little or no rests, the Bowflex emerges a clear winner.Â, You can put the dumbbell set back onto the case, turn the dial to adjust your target weight, and continue lifting.Â. Selector pin: You can change weights just like how you do with gym weight stack, Dial-Lock: Remove the adder weights to adjust in 2.5 lbs increment, Click the link for a more in-depth comparison between the, Easy to adjust the weight settings for strength training, Convenient storage tray similar to Bowflex, Quick weight change to squeeze more exercises into your workout time, or for other workout programs such as the P90x, A pair often available for under $300, cheaper than many 50 lbs. The Bowflex SelectTech is relatively more expensive than its competitors. You can buy the blocks and expand in weight when you become stronger.Â. You wouldn’t want to miss all these tips on working out and staying fit. There is absolutely no plastic or fragile part, so you can drop it all you want (unless you don’t want to dent your floor). Even though people comment on the weight distribution, it is an advantage if you are looking to,  have become essential in a home gym, you may worry about the size of storage that you might need.Â, Alternatively, people usually buy these kinds of dumbbells to, All you need is to buy a pair of dumbbells and a, The main benefits of using an adjustable dumbbell areÂ, . The PowerBlock Classic gets an average of 4 out of 5 stars. The 1090’s grip is all metal and a bit blocky, which is rough on the hand. Weights are held securely using metal tabs that connect to the dial. The 560 Dumbbells with integrated Bluetooth technology takes the guesswork out of strength training. Similar to changing weights on a cable machine at the gym. (2), Bowflex targets the home gym market — boasting a range of quality products for thirty years now. The weights are square rather than round, which has its own advantages. “I am highly satisfied with this product. The 560 Dumbbells with integrated Bluetooth technology takes the guesswork out of strength training. To adjust the weight, simply turn the dial on each end of the dumbbell to your desired level. , which is ideal if you are not looking to have massive gains. Adjusting weights takes some time which can be inconvenient during a workout. (1)Â. Most people would have a pair of dumbbells and a long barbell when buying free weights. To upgrade it to 75 lbs, you’ll have to pay $169. Bowflex adjustable dumbbells include three options: ranging from beginner to the serious bodybuilder. . Bowflex Selecttech Dumbbells have a big cult following, and we mean BIG. The company’s handling of my customer service issue has made me a fan for life.” (, “Yes, they are expensive but worth it as an apartment dweller… “(, The reviewers like the storage casings to keep the dumbbells, and how quickly they can change the weights. They don’t cost as much as 30 individual fixed dumbbells and only take up a space of one. If I’m not training clients or working out at my home gym, I’m probably skiing, cycling or hiking with my dog Rufus. Â, You can use free weights to work all the muscles in your body, which is why people usually. You can just dock it in the cradle and twist the handle. They feel just like fixed dumbbells, and you can grip them any way you would with the traditional ones.  PS! You can put more weight on one side of the Bowflex, creating a staggered resistance. These dumbbells occupy very little space and eliminate the need of dozens of dumbbells in a paid gym. The main benefits of using an adjustable dumbbell are increments and versatility. (, The durability and stability allow you to put your weight on the dumbbells for bodyweight exercises. Bowflex adjustable dumbbells include three options: ranging from beginner to the serious bodybuilder. The handles are chrome-plated steel with knurled grips. These come in both round and square with heavy chrome plates. For this matter, Bowflex has always been one of the leading faces since they released their quick, smart, and convenient dial lock. The company boasts that you can replace an entire rack of weights easily with their system. The lightest version costs $299, and the heaviest is $577. But if you want to save money, the StairMaster is one of the best to buy. Click the link for a more in-depth comparison between the Powerblock vs Bowflex dumbbells. You can comfortably use this to perform push-ups or loaded hip- swings, which will add to the variety of exercises you can perform using it. The SelectTech 560is an upgrade to the 552. Heavy Duty – go ahead and drop them. A small (too small, really) win… Even though people comment on the weight distribution, it is an advantage if … Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Dumbbells Review: The Bottom Line As a certified personal trainer who goes mobile, and as someone who works out at home quite a bit myself, I can honestly say that I really like this product and consider it a solid investment for both trainers and solo home exercisers. Some complained that they cannot rest the Bowflex on their knee between sets to rest. For a more significant maximum weight, we have the 560 at $549. You can increase as little or as much weight for your weight exercises.Â, For example, a small increase but more repetitions per set works your endurance; while a larger increase in smaller amounts targets muscle strength. For the time being, you can find it at Walmart for $280.63. i100405 Award Winning SelectTech 560 Adjustable Dumbbells The 560 model, however, has a square shape. You can select different weights on each end for uneven distribution. If you want a 75-pound separately, you’ll have to buy a 45-pound dumbbell and a 75-pound expansion. Some complained that they cannot rest the Bowflex on their knee between sets to rest. The higher end of the weight range for the Bowflex dumbbells is 90 pounds with the Bowflex Selecttech 1090 model, which is ideal if you are not looking to have massive gains. Users find it frustrating. PS! Selecttech 552 Dumbbells Are Versatile and Functional If you want the most versatility out of a weight set, the opportunity to make small changes in increments is important. . With molded grids makes it easy to slide and handle. Quick and easy to use. Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbells $549.00 $ 549. A plate carries 10 pounds, so it’s similar to the XMark Fitness’. Best looking adjustable dumbbells in my opinion. increments. Accessories available: The system offers many accessory attachments to expand your training options. Apart from the plastic clip, an uncomfortable handle is also a reason why people prefer the 552 over 1090. The durable plastic molding smoothens impacts. The uneven distribution can be an issue, but most people get used to it and work out without any problems. This makes it easy to start out slow, and gradually Each of them is made of welded steel with a coat of powder. This app is basically a workout guide with exercises and full-body programs by trainers from their website. Free weights add variety to your workouts. Rugged style, meant for some hard-core lifters. You may still find them online or in-store with one of our retail partners. The weight plates are square. Product Description The Bowflex SelectTech has a round plate design. The biggest problem with this equipment seems to be how hard it is to put the weight back to the base. You can add or remove 2.5 to 5 pounds using the dial lock. The weight selection window shows your selected weight. But generally, people are happy with the quality and ease of use of the dumbbells. What’s not to like? I highly suggest this!! This is by far the easiest to change weight. Being able to adjust the weight of the dumbbells in 2.5 lb increments by simply turn a plastic dial at each end of the bar is very very clever. You won’t hear any rattling. You can sync it with your phone and keep track of your sets, reps, and weight in your home gym. Although these are very sturdy and durable discs, dropping the fitness equipment may seriously damage them. So those are the Bowflex SelectTech and its 5 alternatives. Suits well for beginner to intermediate level lifters. The system utilizes magnetic selector pins. The Bayou Fitness Dumbbell can be found at Walmart for only $144.50. The 560 model, however, has a square shape. Rubber ergonomic grip between the weights. Dumbbells/plates slightly lighter than stated. The square shape sits sturdy on the floor, and the metal plates can also withstand a lot of weight. People seem to like the quick selector dials for a superset. The base product is slightly cheaper than Bowflex. Being one of the suggested alternatives, most users like it for its compactivity. Dumbbells lock tightly. There are complaints that the locking mechanism breaks. The rest is up to you. The idea of creating adjustable dumbbells started in the 90s, and it is not like That’s why gyms have stacks of dumbbells, barbells and weight plates.Â, Adding dumbbells into your home gym will open up more options for your workout routine and get you looking shredded quicker.Â, You can use free weights to work all the muscles in your body, which is why people usually invest in a good set.Â, The Powerblock brand was born out of the need to have dumbbells that do not take up space at home or at a gym.Â, After years of researching, the founder and creator Carl Towley created the first PowerBlock product in 1993.Â, Now, the brand has three different series of dumbbells with changeable weights, each series comes in pairs and some models are expandable.Â, The brand’s main aim is to provide home gym owners dumbbells that save on space but maximizes range of weights you can own. The adjustment system is very quick on the Bowflex dumbbells, but only ever so slightly slower on the Powerblock dumbbells. I highly suggest this!! Final Verdict and Review Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbells carry the ability to develop the strength of any individual who’s a dedicated fitness lover. The StairMaster TwistLock dumbbell receives an average of 3.6 out of 5 stars. While dumbbells have become essential in a home gym, you may worry about the size of storage that you might need.Â. We shall start off with Bowflex SelectTech, so those who are unfamiliar with it can get the main idea. The weight plates are labeled in both LBS and KGS. Another benefit of using adjustable sets of dumbbells is to. 00 $549.00 $ 549. Some complain that the dumbbell has to be lined up when being placed back. No plastic or fragile parts! The 120-pound add-on kit is $299, and the 165-pound is $649. Make sure to keep reading, as you may find some of these to be quite what you’ve been looking for. い得。当日お急ぎ便対象商品は、当日お届け可能です。アマゾン配送商品は、通常配送無料(一部除く)。 weight limiting sets. Thanks to this, you can enjoy a quiet workout with no metal clanging sound. In this Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells review, we will walk you through the features, specifications, quality, and durability of the product. If you remove one of the weight bars the weight will be slightly uneven. This item is in high demand. This is a review of the stand, including features&recommendations. This is the reason why we would recommend against doing dumbbell push-ups with the Bowflex. Apparently, users found it to be one of the best alternatives because it’s more durable than both the PowerBlock and Bowflex. !” (, People commented on the rattling on Amazon reviews, but most are happy that the set saves a lot of room in their home gym. Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells Review Facts See more facts The Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells is an excellent set of dumbbells to work out your arms, shoulders, abs, chest, legs, and back. From The Manufacturer With just the turn of a dial you can automatically change your resistance from 5 lbs. Some complain about the rattle, but no one has said that the weights fell off. It means that with two dumbbells, you replace a large number of fixed dumbbells (e.g., hex dumbbells) or a huge amount of the weight plates that accompany traditional adjustable dumbbells. The headache lies in choosing the right pair of adjustable dumbbells for ourselves. If you have a small space and want to workout with dumbbells, look no further than the Bowflex SelectTech line of adjustable dumbbells. This is because weight plates are easier to store and you can use it in a barbell if it fits the diameter. The reviewers like the storage casings to keep the dumbbells, and how quickly they can change the weights. The Ironmaster Quick-Lock dumbbell gets an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Overall the users are happy with the quality and the durability of the Powerblock. However, even its biggest fan can get frustrated if the pin gets stuck. Simply place it in its holster, turn the handle, and it picks up or drops off weights. The handle alone is 10 pounds. A lot of reviewers say that it takes getting used to (, “You can choose the grip like kettlebell swings or normal grips… really cool feature” (, “When I feel the post hit my wrist I know that I have to focus up and get everything back in line”  (, The main advantage of Powerblock’s dumbbells are the, . If you need heavier weights, we would recommend the, Cheapest place to buy the Ironmaster Dumbbell found here, Cheapest place to get the Powerblock Dumbbells. Rather than a dial, the handle itself has become the weight selector. A more rugged pair of dumbbells, fits best for more experienced lifters. Most people find that they have to be careful not to drop the Bowflex dumbbells because of its plastic casing. Even at the maximum weight of 90 pounds, the PowerBlock classic only stretches to 16 inches. !” (14), People commented on the rattling on Amazon reviews, but most are happy that the set saves a lot of room in their home gym. The locking system employs a screwing pin, not to be confused with the screwing lock. Plastic internal parts. The Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells have an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars in their user reviews. You can buy the blocks and expand in weight when you become stronger.Â, If you have a smaller physique, Powerblock’s dumbbells are. SelectTech® 552 Bundle - $25 Off + Free Shipping (purchase must include Bowflex® SelectTech® 552 Dumbbells and Bowflex® SelectTech® 5.1S Bench) SelectTech® 840 Kettlebell - … SelectTech adjustable dumbbells and kettlebells easily replace an entire set of dumbbells and kettlebells making them the perfect adjustable weight solution for your home gym needs. With the dial lock, you can select your target weight with just a quick turn. (3), Personal experience: I have used both products and still have them at home. You can increase as little or as much weight for your weight exercises.Â. The Pros: 1) Awesome grip, better than anything I The weights are at the bottom of the dumbbell as the handle is higher. A lot of reviewers say that it takes getting used to (22).Â. The difference in weight placement makes your arms work harder for stability, especially when you are doing an exercise like overhead tricep extensions or rows. The app that was supposed to attract us does not really live up to its name. Bayou Dumbbells need to have extensively cared for because the warranty isn’t enough. The locking style takes some time to get used to. Adjustable dumbbells come in the traditional plate-loaded. The handle alone weighs 5 lbs, and each plate adds 2.5 lbs. (18)Â, Aside from the size and handling, most are happy and claim Bowflex to be the best adjustable dumbbells on the market.Â, “Price ratio concern, there’s a definite advantage to the adjustable dumbbell set.”  (19), “You don’t really want to drop them, you have to take care of it.” (20), Most people who reviewed the Powerblock Elite 90 say that the handle and the padded posts are also comfortable for different ways of holding.Â, The selector pin may be a bit fiddly and you may have to focus slotting the selector pin in properly. Powerblock has another advantage in its shape. “… I think it is well worth the money and it’s an important part of my exercise routine. Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbells can be supported you with more than 30 strength exercises for the upper body, core, and a free app with video guidance plus 6 … While the traditional plate-loaded are great, they can become expensive quickly if you have to keep buying weight plates. The 560 Dumbbells with integrated Bluetooth technology takes the guesswork out of strength training. The Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells are ideal for those who want and effective home workout tool without the costs and cumbersome size of a regular home gym or a full rack of multiple dumbbells. For beginners, if you try to increase your weight capacity too much at any one time, you'll likely struggle. like chest presses, overhead shoulder presses, where the dumbbell set has to meet in the middle. Each dumbbell is integrated with Bluetooth tracking called Three Dimensional Trainer (3DT). Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbell (Pair) at Amazon.com. This is the feature that makes the Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbells so incredibly unique. The length and bulkiness limit the range of motion. They also like that you can do smaller increments, and overall the Powerblock has a larger weight range. That’s why these are definitely suited to people who are short on space at home, or looking to have some weights they can use in an office at w… Each plate covers 6.7 inches square, and the whole thing stretches out to 14.5 inches long at the 75-pound size. Rounded weights and flat bottom made of metal in hard plastic. There are complaints that the locking mechanism breaks. They are held onto the handles by a series of polyurethane discs. You can comfortably use this to perform push-ups or loaded hip- swings, which will add to the variety of exercises you can perform using it. I recommend this to anyone who is a beginner to the intermediate lifter.” (13), “Very good quality and easy to use. The perfect home gym solution. It comes with a limited one-year warranty. The StairMaster TwistLock is round with steel plates encased in a durable plastic composite shell to prevent rust. Only when the dumbbell is in its cradle can you change the weight. ). My wife loves them as well and uses them daily. The brand’s main aim is to provide home gym owners dumbbells that save on space but maximizes range of weights you can own. These adjustable dumbbell sets can be placed either on the floor or on their stand which is supplied as optional to help keep everything tidy and organized. Another benefit of using adjustable sets of dumbbells is to save space. My wife loves them as well and uses them daily. It is very hard to give a straight recommendation.Â. The square weights allow for even distribution. Upon purchasing the SelectTech, you also get access to the SelectTech app available on both iOS and Android. The round shape with one flat side prevents the dumbbell from rolling. Chrome plating gives a shiny and elegant look. The grids built on handles keep the user’s form during workouts. I recommend this to anyone who is a beginner to the intermediate lifter.” (, “Very good quality and easy to use. These dumbbells are durable because of heavy chrome plated construction. This can be fixed by applying a thin layer of WD40 with a piece of cloth for the first time using. Both dumbbells are sturdy, despite having plastic parts. You can get a pair of 45-pound Ironmaster Adjustable Dumbbells for $399. When fully loaded to 165 lbs, it’s 23.5 inches long. The Bowflex SelectTech has a round plate design. Alternatively, people usually buy these kinds of dumbbells to save on cost and space. You’ll find that the shape closely resembles Bowflex’s. This is because weight plates are easier to store and you can use it in a barbell if it fits the diameter. Others dislike how fragile it is. (15)Â, The Powerblock Elites sometimes have noticeable weight discrepancies, other complaints include only one dumbbell arrive.Â. Even though people comment on the weight distribution, it is an advantage if you are looking to tone up your arms.Â. Included dumbbell rack/stand: You get one when you buy a 75-pound dumbbell. Weights can be adjusted quickly and easily. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. You can increase it to 50 pounds, with each plate bearing 10 pounds. Natural look & feel: The Ironmaster dumbbell looks and feels just like a traditional dumbbell, giving a sense of familiarity. Compact construction, safety lock system, Rubberized grip for easy twist and comfortable grip. You must not drop it. If you have a smaller physique, Powerblock’s dumbbells are more compact and will be more comfortable with certain exercises like chest presses, overhead shoulder presses, where the dumbbell set has to meet in the middle. For example, a small increase but more repetitions per set works your endurance; while a larger increase in smaller amounts targets muscle strength. In our opinion, The StairMaster TwistLock ranks first in changing time. The main reason why i like Bowflex better is the ease of changing weights and the overall feel of the Bowflex dumbbells.Â. And even if it is, are there any good alternatives worth trying out? I’m a personal trainer based in Denver (Matrix Gym) and a true fitness nerd. in 5 lb. High quality product with excellent durability. The highlight is on the adjustment. The Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbells replace an entire rack of weights in a compact design that fits into the corner of any room. People like how slick it is. Rubber padded in the centre of the block, surrounded by plastic. It’s not durable enough for that. All you need to do is slide the lock in the place for the weight you want. Full Review Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells provide resistance levels from 5 pounds to 52.5 pounds of weight, meaning they replace 30 different dumbbell weights in 2 pieces. The Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbells replace an entire rack of weights in a compact design that fits into the corner of any room. SelectTech® 552 Bundle - $25 Off + Free Shipping (purchase must include Bowflex® SelectTech® 552 Dumbbells and Bowflex® SelectTech® 5.1S Bench) Bowflex® 840 Kettlebell - $30 Off + Free Shipping Bowflex® C6 Bike The Bowflex SelectTech gets an average of 4.7 out of 5 stars. The 3DT tracks your sets, reps, and weights so you can easily see your progress, your calories burned, and know exactly where you are within your workout. Some report incidents where the pin slides out, especially with exercises requiring wrist-flipping.